Effective Date: January 31, 2022
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about the people with whom we interact. We collect personal information that you provide to us or that we otherwise obtain through both online and offline interactions. For example: we collect personal information online when you request product information or purchase a product through one of our websites, create an account on one of our websites, apply for a job with a Hydrofarm Group company through one of our websites or subscribe to email newsletters and content, and we collect personal information when you call our customer service center, register warranty information by mail or otherwise interact with us without using any of our websites.
We may collect the personal information you provide when:
- Purchasing, ordering, returning or exchanging any of our products and services online, over the phone or in person;
- Requesting a copy of an invoice
- Requesting a quote, special order or information about any of our products and services; Requesting a copy of an invoice
- Contact our customer service staff; Contact our customer service staff
- Apply for a job;
- Make comments or suggestions to us; or Visit our websites or any of our physical locations.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Contact and identifying information, such as name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Information regarding the products and services we provide or receive from you, including with respect to the service, maintenance and repair history of such products;
- Credit and financial information, such as payment methods and preferences, and billing and credit history;
- Business relationship information, including information regarding your agreements, preferences, advisors and decision makers; and Customer relationship information, such as customer service requests and feedback and information requested or provided by you.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, relating to market trends and activities affecting our business. This information may include contractual terms, financial information and other information for market analysis and strategic planning purposes. We may also collect information related to our public, media and investor relations activities, as well as information related to our interactions with financial and other analysts and advisors.
If the personal information we collect about you is held by a third party, we will obtain your permission before seeking this information from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you or implied by your actions). Among the third parties from whom we may collect information are credit reporting agencies (for the purpose of performing a credit check when you wish to obtain credit from us).
From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties (including other members of the Hydrofarm Group) in our business and we may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of performing their services for us or otherwise. In this event, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they are entitled to disclose your personal information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the personal information we collect in order to manage and develop our business and operations, including for the following purposes:
- to establish, maintain and manage relationships with our customers (for example, we will use personal information to establish a customer’s identity and location so that we can accurately deliver and bill for products and services);
- to establish, maintain and manage relationships with our suppliers; and
- to analyze customer needs with respect to our products and services so that we can work to improve our products and services;
- to communicate with suppliers in order to improve the products and services they provide to us; and
- to enable us to inform you of products and services that members of the Hydrofarm Group, or third parties that we have carefully selected as partners, may wish to offer you, including sending you information promoting the products and services of such members or partners;
- in order to fulfill your requests
- to verify your identity (e.g., name, address, telephone number and date of birth, if applicable)
- to verify creditworthiness;
- to protect us against errors, fraud, theft and damage to our assets and property; and
- to enable us to conduct our environmental, health and safety activities, including incident planning, response and investigation;
- to enable us to comply with applicable legal, audit or regulatory requirements (for example, we may collect personal information to comply with obligations imposed on us by various regulatory boards or agencies to follow procedures required by such boards or agencies with respect to the provision of our products and services); and
- any other reasonable business purpose to which you consent.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition, your personal information may be disclosed:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. In such a case, we will endeavor not to disclose more personal information than is necessary under the circumstances;
- to comply with valid legal process, such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- as part of our regular reporting activities to other members of the Hydrofarm Group, including Hydrofarm subsidiaries outside the United States or Canada;
- to protect the rights and property of the company (for example, to collect a debt or to protect us from fraud); or when we need the professional advice of financial or legal advisors; or
- in an emergency that threatens the life, health or personal safety of an individual;
- when personal information is available from a public source (for example, the telephone directory); or with your consent, when required by law.
If you provide us with your e-mail address, we may send you e-mail messages to keep you informed of our promotions and offers using your first and last name, zip code and e-mail address. In order to send you these e-mail messages, we may need to pass your name and contact information to our service providers who assist in the delivery of this e-mail service. We may also use third party companies to authenticate and validate your email address. You may opt-out of receiving future email communications by accessing the “manage your preferences or unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email communication received and changing your preferences for the applicable content and/or email communication.
Our policies prohibit our service providers from using your information for any purpose other than what we tell them to do. Therefore, if you subscribe to our newsletters or other email communications, you should not receive unsolicited email from other companies. Please notify us at the address below if you believe this has occurred.
YOUR CONSENT IS IMPORTANT TO US
It is important to us that when we collect, use or disclose your personal information we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, presumed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent may be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you accept our products or services, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your acceptance and use of those products or services, or for other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
As described above, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
CHOICE / OPT-OUT
We may engage in interest-based and behavioral advertising. We allow third party companies, such as advertising networks, to collect certain information when you visit our websites. This information is used to serve ads for our products or the products or services of other companies when you visit our websites or those of third parties. These third party companies use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., clickstream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or hovered over, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) when you access the websites in order to provide you with advertisements about products and services that are likely to be of most interest to you, or advertising-related services, such as ad serving, reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. These third-party companies typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
For more information about interest-based advertising or opting out of interest-based advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. The choices you make are browser and device specific. For information on how to opt out of Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics website.
We strive to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from being lost and from unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. We will also use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, and instead of destroying or deleting your personal information, we may anonymize it so that it cannot be associated with you or traced.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
THIS SECTION APPLIES TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
Hydrofarm Group collects information only from any individual acting as an employee, owner, director, officer or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, individual business, non-profit institution or government agency in the context of providing or receiving a product or service from Hydrofarm Group.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires that certain information be provided to you as a California resident related to certain rights you have under the CCPA.
Right to opt-out.
We do not sell your personal information; however, we are required to inform you that you have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information if we ever engage in such activity.
Right to Nondiscrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different fees or prices, including the use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing you with a different level of service or quality of products. However, we may only charge you a different price or provide you with a different level or quality of products and services if the price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and add “CCPA REQUEST” in the subject line. We will evaluate the request and take action where necessary.
We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as possible. If we are unable to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may need more time (up to 90 days total).
FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA
THIS SECTION APPLIES TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA
For residents of Canada, you may request to view the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact us using the contact information below.
When you request access to your personal information, please note that we may ask you for specific information that will allow us to confirm your identity and your right of access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we hold about you. We will make the requested information available to you within 30 business days, or notify you in writing of an extension when more time is required to fulfill the request. We may charge you a minimal fee for accessing your personal information, but we will inform you of any fees in advance.
Your right to access the personal information we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements permit or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information we hold about you. In addition, personal information may have been destroyed, erased or rendered anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from persons under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have information from a person under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
PQE empresarial sector p-9,
Building C Door 1
50639 Figueruelas, Zaragoza